We are Troon AFC Walking Football, Cornwall. Check in here, for up to date information or look at our Home Page to find out more.
Keep your eyes peeled in the Packet for another article too.
League Finals Day arrangements...
"Format For Septembers Finals – Pending unforeseen circumstances which should they occur you will be informed of as soon as possible. Every effort is being made to get independent Refs but just in case please ensure your club has a willing volunteer ( or even an unwilling volunteer) to take on the role. Venue Tretherras Leisure Centre – Newquay Sunday 11th Sept Meet 1.30pm for a 2pm start. The top 3 clubs from each regional league will play each other in a round-robin-style competition. With the top two playing each other in a final for the League Cup. In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by - 1. goal difference 2. If that fails to produce an overall winner then the result of the match played during the round robin will be the decider. 3. If that also fails then the matter will be settled by penalties.
A similar round robin will be played by the remaining 5 clubs with the top two playing each other in a final for the League Shield– The same format to apply in the event of a tie in the final. Winners of the regional leagues will receive a trophy – Winners and Runners Up of both Cup and Shield will receive medals (11 per team)
It is hoped that more fully qualified Refs will be available for August and September but to assist the East 2 volunteer Refs will be in attendance.
Changing rooms at Camborne will be open this time.
Please note the same dates for 2023 2nd Sunday in the Month for June July and August with the finals in Sept"
***UPDATE*** - AGM Agreements and Outcomes
📝 = in process of setting up a club email address
❌ No action yet
1. 50s coordinator...Chris ✅
2. 60s coordinator...Geoff and Dave Sh. 📝
3. 70s coordinator... Colin 📝
4. Ladies coordinator... None at present..Still open to volunteers (doesn't need to be a lady) 📝
5. Social Coordinator ... Dave H✅
6. Internationals Coordinator ... None at present. To survey members to see if there's an appetite for longer trips ✅
7. Troon AFC main committee member...Ann✅
8. Volunteers for 'Friends of Troon' to help with events and jobs at the main Club...None at present ❌
9. League Coordinator.. ❌
10. Update to our Privacy and Contacts policies. There will be new slip to sign giving permission for your contact details to be used by coordinators to see who is available for the specified event. ✅
11. First Aid Training Update. First aid training will hopefully be rolled out in the autumn ✅
1. Following input and discussions at last nights meeting it has been agreed that Fridays sessions at Cornwall College will now only be open to players able and willing to represent Troon in competitive fixtures such as leagues, tournaments and festivals ie aged 50+.✅
Mondays sessions will remain as normal for everyone. ✅
2. To start organising a 40+ women only session for Friday evening to run parallel with the tournament training, on another pitch. ✅
BBC RADIO CORNWALL VISIT TROON AFC WALKING FOOTBALL
From Matt Shepherd, BBC RADIO Cornwall...
"Thanks so much for allowing me to come and invade your training session. Just to let you know the pieces will be going at around 0720 and 0820 on Saturday morning. These pieces feature Chris and Clive (in the 0820)
The interview with Anne Lewis will be going out on our Sunday Mid Morning show after 11am (sorry not able to confirm an exact time) Many thanks again and best wishes to you and all the team. Matt"
Opportunities for Female Footballers
This from the WFA....
At the request of my Regional Managers, I wanted to write to your club to see if there were female players who would like to progress from club football, to represent their regional sides and ultimately have the chance to represent England at walking football.
I accept that representative football is not for everyone, but I also understand that many players like to “showcase” their talents in the more competitive football that representative football offers. And that is why we are looking at a second round of trials, focusing on the Southern Region, and the clubs in this catchment area.
We are not looking just to massage players egos, as the sessions are intended to be for the elite players (that WANT to play at this level) and turning up when clearly “out of your depth” is not something that we want to expose anyone to!
We have a trial in Reading on September 24th, and if you have any female players from 39-79 that you think would benefit, enjoy & improve as a result of this “ladies only” session would you please recommend them for the next regional session (as stated on 24th September at Reading) by
· Firstly checking that they are interested AND can make it
· Contact the appropriate Southern Regional Manager
o If over 60 - Heather Kirkland (email@example.com)
o If over 50 – Richard Mannning (firstname.lastname@example.org)
o If over 39 - Jonathon Sands (email@example.com)
COPYING ME IN ON THE REPLY (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hopefully, you will have people that you can recommend and that they will enjoy the experience too, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Southern Regional Women’s Lead"